Airspeed Ambassador, Bristol Centaurus, SBAC Farnborough Air, Napier Eland, George Errington
The Airspeed A.S.57 Ambassador was a high-wing cantilever monoplane with two Bristol Centaurus engines with seating for up to 55 passengers. First flown by George Errington at Christchurch, Hampshire on 10 July 1947 it suffered a number of problems during development, which resulted in only 21 being built and eventually entering service in 1951 with B.E.A. Disposed of in 1957 they continued in service with other operators, in particular Dan-Air, until the late 1960s. Pictured is a version fitted with Napier Eland engines, for experimental purposes, making a fly-by at Farnborough in September 1956Aircraft Airspeed Ambassador powered by two Bristol proteus airscrew turbines taking off at the SBAC Farnborough Air Show 1956.
|Color||Black & White|
This photo license is intended for editorial use only. Single Use in context. For all advertising and other non-editorial uses contact the GIW office for further information.
License Type: Rights Managed