Cliveden House, Taplow, Buckinghamshire, England, 5th July 1963. Home of Lord and Lady Astor. The house was donated to the National Trust in 1942, by Lord Astor's father, with an endowment of ??250,000 and with the proviso that the family could continue to live in the house for as long as they wished. The Astors ceased to live at Cliveden in 1968, shortly after the Profumo Affair and Bill Astor's death. In 1961, John Profumo met Christine Keeler, at a house party at Cliveden.
|Color||Black & White|
|Credit||Mirrorpix / GIW Photos|
This photo license is intended for editorial use only. Single Use in context. For all advertising and other non-editorial uses contact the GIW office for further information.
If located in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Eire, kindly contact Mirrorpix directly at email@example.com
License Type: Rights Managed