Mr. John Docker, Alveston, Coventry
Four bungalows have been built at Alveston for retired C of E clergy and their wives. The land they are built on was given by Mr. John Docker, an village resident. Every diocese is being pressed to co-operate with Pensions Board in making provision for retired clergy, most of whom have to spend their latter years on an inadequate pension. The new homes will be occupied by clergy who have served in parishes in the Coventry diocese. In future, when a bungalow is vacated, the first choice will be given to an ex-Coventry diocese parson, but, if there is not one to take up the residence, a minister from another part of the country will be offered the chance to move in.16th July 1957
|Color||Black & White|
|Keywords||1950s,Alveston,Architecture,Church of England,Clergy,Development,Homes,Houses,New-Build,Religion,Rural,Village|
|Credit||Mirrorpix / GIW Photos|
This photo license is intended for editorial use only. Single Use in context. For all advertising and other non-editorial uses contact the GIW office for further information.
If located in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Eire, kindly contact Mirrorpix directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
License Type: Rights Managed