Polly Gas Neon Sign
A vintage Polly Gas sign in Neon Alley, a public-art project in Pueblo, Colorado, devised by sign collector Joseph Koncilja. It began with 12 illuminated signs, including this one, in 2014, with plans to increase that number to 100 or more in a single narrow alley between B Street and C Street, directly across the street from one of Colorado's great architectural structures: the Pueblo Union Depot. The installation is illuminated 365 days a year from 8 p.m. until midnight. Polly Gas was a brand name of the Los Angeles-based Wilshire Oil Company, which operated in Southern California from 1935 until they it was purchased by Gulf Oil in June of 1960.
|Keywords||America, Carol M. Highsmith, colorado, joseph koncilja, neon, neon alley, polly gas, pueblo, public art|
|Credit||The Library of Congress, Carol M. Highsmith Archive/King Rose Archives / GIW Photos|
This photo license is intended for editorial use only. Single Use in context. For all advertising and other non-editorial uses contact the GIW office for further information.
License Type: Rights Managed