Royal Liverpool Babies Hospital
Professor N B Capon opens the Royal Liverpool Babies Hospital, Woolton, Liverpool, Merseyside, 19th February 1959. The first specially adapted mother and baby unit in the North West. Pictured with his wife and matron Miss Ivy Rydill, talking with Mrs Elizabeth Richardson and her 2 year old daughter Linda. The unit consists of five bedrooms, each with a cot and bed and usual bedroom furniture, a communial kitchen with full washing facilities, and a large sitting room where the five mothers can relax when their children are in bed.
|Color||Black & White|
|Keywords||1950s,Books,Child,Children,Childrens,Hospital,Hospitals,Medical,Mother and Child,Nurses,Specialist,Toddler|
|Credit||Mirrorpix / GIW Photos|
This photo license is intended for editorial use only. Single Use in context. For all advertising and other non-editorial uses contact the GIW office for further information.
If located in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Eire, kindly contact Mirrorpix directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
License Type: Rights Managed