Royal Oak Inn, Pillaton G Platoon, Home Guard, Guards, Pillaton
The 400 year old antique Royal Oak Inn, nestling under the rustic shadow of the village church in Pillaton, was the place of parade for the last Fallin' of the Pillaton G Platoon" Number 2 Company Home Guard formed exclusively of farmers. The Guards are pictured having a drink and chat before breaking up after they "fell out". 29th October 1944. "
|Color||Black & White|
|Keywords||1940s,Antlers,Architecture,Britain,Church,Churches,Civil Defence,Cornwall,Home Front,Public House,Second World War,St Odolphus' Church,Tower,Training,Village,Volunteers,WW2,World War Two,exterior,pub,soldiers,uniform,wartime|
|Credit||Mirrorpix / GIW Photos|
This photo license is intended for editorial use only. Single Use in context. For all advertising and other non-editorial uses contact the GIW office for further information.
If located in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Eire, kindly contact Mirrorpix directly at email@example.com
License Type: Rights Managed