world war, Greyfriars Green Park, Sir Alfred Herbert, Baths and Parks Committee, Coventry
Greyfriars Green Park, Coventry. The tank on the right was a first world war relic. It was one of 1,200 made by Daimler in the city. A controversy arose early in 1938 when the Baths and Parks Committee decided that it must be moved or scrapped. Coventry Industrialist, Sir Alfred Herbert came to it's rescue and it was moved to Stoney Stanton road near Navigation Bridge. During the second world war it was broken up for scrap as part of the war effort.27th August 1933
|Color||Black & White|
|Credit||Mirrorpix / GIW Photos|
This photo license is intended for editorial use only. Single Use in context. For all advertising and other non-editorial uses contact the GIW office for further information.
If located in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Eire, kindly contact Mirrorpix directly at email@example.com
License Type: Rights Managed